So Bo decided we needed a good break for our 9 year anniversary so we booked a last minute cruise for cheap and were on our way to mexico for a week... never mind a couple days before we heard that hurricane rick was heading the same place. After a crazy week trying to get the kids all taken care of thanks to my wonderful family you are awesome we flew to LA and got on the boat anyway... I brought along our disneyland annual passes just in case they told us a no go but Bo assured me that they never cancel cruises then they would have to give everyone their money back they just change the itinerary. Our first day was a sea day and it was a bit rocky but nothing big and then monday we got to Cabo and they said the waves were too big for the tenders to get us safely to shore so we had to sail right by. We turned the other cheek and it was our anniversary after all so we had to celebrate and went to dinner on the boat at the restaurant soho and had steak and lobster in rememberance of Lorenzo's Lobster House in cancun on our honeymoon I made Bo try it and now he can't get enough of it. Tuesday we finally got to get off the boat in Mazatlan and enjoyed some solid ground. We went to stone island and rented ATVs and drove around the little town, (mind you no pavement whatsoever) on the beach and through coconut fields. Then we had some yummy authentic mexican grub at an outdoor beach restuarant that was pretty much a ghost town from the storm they said but I don't know. It was a blast although I never did get to drive. Hurricane Rick was headed to Cabo and gave us a wild ride but then it died out but it brought some lovely rain for us on wednesday in Puerto Vallarta hence the wet dog look in the pictures. We went horseback riding to a beautiful waterfall it started out looking ok and then the downpour began. It wasn't so bad at first when the sunscreen (that I was so prepared with) went into my eyes but when it was seeping into my mouth and I was having to spit like a sailor every few seconds to keep from being poisoned, I questioned what was I thinking. But then when we made it to the waterfall and got our wet dog picture it was all worth it. We had some sea days on our way home with some serious sun and we took advantage of that a little too much and got burnt crispy well mostly Bo. All in all it was a good break and we loved every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment